Pantone’s early announcement of “Greenery” as the color of the entire year for 2017 is inside the full selection of Feng Shui possessions. It tells us about the wood component that’s rooted in anything that grows.
Greenery, is not just green. It speaks of ancient spring and new beginnings and looks to the sun rising in the east. Wood, i.e. vegetation, comes in all colors of green, yet Greenery has the breath of freshness and health. Greenery is bright and lush as it pops with ancient buds fed by winter water’s lengthy gestation.
Greenery is germane to character in global dimensions, striving higher with increasing energy and reaching out using fresh tendrils.
In Feng Shui we use Greenery as a metaphor for decision-making and motivation with firm management and work-related orientation. Therefore, as we move in the New Year throughout the shadow of winter yin we plant the seed for happy yang with the arrival of Greenery. There are many ways to observe Greenery, and we would like to talk about our Feng Shui tips for you going on a green path:
• Be aware of the “re” words, i.e. refresh, renew, regenerate, rework, Animal-Pros, renovate etc..
• Research the benefits of Greenery!
• A look into greenery and nature is associated with healing in the medical sciences.
• Caution though! Don’t overdue! Excessive Greenery may mean excessive growth as in cancer.
• Introduce Greenery into dietary habits and enrich your menus with carrots and leafy greens!
• Get a quick boost of energy with green juice and green soup!
• Plants and greenery are household aids as they clean toxins in the air. Extensive research was done by NASA on this.
• Give your olfactory sensors a twist with herbal scents, and provide your area aromatic scent with Greenery!
• Greenery allows for diversity and variety with the easy care of variegated philodendrons, the bright green of sweet potato vines, and the productivity of spider plants.
• In the productive cycle of the components water feeds wood, so don’t overlook your Greenery but maintain freshness!
• Remember, where attention goes, energy flows.
• Finally, don’t forget the color of money, the wealth corner, and also the coin-shaped petals of a jade plant!